The best (and worst) of the last two years:
- Getting recognized as an HGTV designer on the subway. (Getting recognized on the WORST hair, makeup and wardrobe days)
- Designing a table for Willow Breast Cancer Support Eat to the Beat. (I was so sleep deprived at the event because I was up all night prepping)
- Shooting a pilot for a new HGTV show (that won't be going to air), but learning that there is interest to shoot another this year
- Memorizing Benjamin Moore paint chip codes (always misplacing the decks!!!!)
- Understanding what a double roll of wallpaper means (ordering way too few and panicking the day of installation)
- Making mistakes (sometimes costly ones) and learning to accept that I'm not perfect and with failure much learning comes
- Meeting incredible clients and being invited to be a part of their family and lives, one room at a time.
Oh- and of course, the best part of the last two years:
- Marrying the love of my life, and 9 months later giving that love a name (ie having my baby John!) While it has been an interesting challenge (and flat out struggle at times) being a mompreneur, the rewards of being able to raise my son and build a business have been so good.
Giving thanks today,