Monday, February 23, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You: So Into These Interiors!

I took time this weekend to watch the hit romantic comedy He's Just Not That Into You. Not only did it make me laugh (and cry!) I was SO inspired by every interior shot. I am a big fan opf production designer Gae Buckley (who also did What Women Want, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants) and I only wish I had more production stills to share.

Whether you believe in waiting (or not waiting!) by the phone, take alook at these shots and my tips for how to make the look your own!


Gigi's apartment
The look in her space is quirky, not overly styled and screams eclectic femininity. Combine florals, punchy pastels and a pink phone (if you're going to wait by a phone- it might as well be pink!).

Items at left (clockwise): Anthropologie Lipizzan Pillow $100.69; Urban Outfitters Snail Lampbase $42; Urban Outfitters Tree Curtain $30; Pink phone and radio, www.kijiji.ca (best offer!); IKEA Syntes Skiss side plate $3.50.







Beth and Neil's Mod Pad
This urban couple's space features iconic design pieces, gorgeous contrast of blue and orange and lots of gorgeous teak! Combine your Eames and your Adler, amazing art and less expensive vintage finds.

Items at left (clockwise): Zig Zag Teak storage unit; Crate and Barrel Ponzio Table Lamp $149; Crate and Barrel Garden Soiree Print $299; Upside Dive Emerald Explosion Ashtray $15; IKEA Stolkholm Rand cushion cover $19.99; DWR Eames Molded Chair.

2 comments:

BKLYN Contessa said...

Loved the interiors in this movie too!!! I am obsessed with the yellow glass lamp featured on the bedside table in Jennifer Aniston's character's father's bedroom when she was bring him breakfast in bed after his health incident at the wedding. Any idea where I can buy it?!?

Anonymous said...

Any idea where I could find the sheets used in Anna's (Scarletts) apartment?

Related Posts with Thumbnails