Sunday, June 14, 2009

Makeover Monday: C'est incroyable

For today's Makeover Monday, I'm featuring this gorgeous home I stumbled upon through Art-Decoration, a design magazine out of France. 

While my French comprehension only goes as far as my grade 10 memory serves me, you don't need a translator to comprehend the chic  in this home. 


Why this works: 
Sans ennuyeuse There is nothing boring about the use of white in this space. What keeps it interesting is the variety of textures: the lacquered piano, the high gloss chairs, the natural wood and the transparent light fixture.

Chaque signature est unique Like the great graphic "read" above the bookcases and the unexpected positioning of the bed against a loveseat in the bedroom, original touches add a certain je ne sais quois.

Etre verte de jalouse. Notice how green is used daringly (like the kitchen cabinets) and sparingly (the bamboo and towels in the bathroom). The green is a lovely pop against an otherwise neutral backdrop.

For those of you whose French surpases my meager memory, check out the original article here.















No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails