Tuesday, January 26, 2010

IDS10 Highlights

Armed with my camera, my notebook, a latte and an open mind (although latte was disposed of upon arrival as it proved to be quite a juggling act) I traversed the halogen lit hallways of the Interior Design Show in Toronto.

IDS10 in its new lovely location (and so convenient- thank you IDS team!) was well worth the visit (and caffeine disposal). Here are a few of my favourite highlights, stay tuned for an inspiring report from the Pecha Kucha presentation & ultimate spaces.

The Monk lounge by Templar provided a spot for a posh picnic (complete with indoor tree). Designed by Rhed, I loved the contrast of the organic and the more industrial elements- note the inflatable balloon dropped ceiling.

A few wallcovering samples from Graham & Brown.

Graphic chair by snob- a new store on my radar.
Snob's orange lacquered table with nail head detailing- incroyable.

Of course IKEA does it again- I love these scarves tied loosely on the backs of the chairs- so cozy.
A simple graphic runner- and onions! An unexpected centerpiece that matches the colour of the cabinetry so well.

And those PS lights- so dreamy.
I love the colour blocking and modular approach to this bookshelf in the bauhaus booth.


Another fabulous display case at the LEMA booth.
Clayton Budd of 64th and Queen designed this winning rug for the Weavers Art competition. It makes me want more argyle in my life.
And last but not least the Optik pink bathtub. Mary Kay worthy.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails