Thursday, May 7, 2009

Inspiration Folder: David Hicks

Being at home with baby, I've had some time to start designing my own home (which we recently moved into in March and haven't really done too much with as, ahem.. we've been busy!). 

In yet another foray into my design textbooks, inspiration folders and on-line resources, I came 
across several clippings on David Hicks, a British interior and garden designer who arguably was the bees knees in the 60's and 70's, and whose designs continue to inform designers today. 

In a recent Style at Home piece, Toronto designer Timothy Mather describes the Hicks spirit of design as "geometric wallpaper, the incorporation of antiques, and the creative use of colour," elements that speak to my spirit as well. 


























No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails